- Media Coverage of Beartooth Front Coalition efforts to preserve landowner rights
- Last chance to tell the Stillwater Commissioners how you feel about proposed zoning policy
- Stillwater residents give County Commissioners an earful on proposed policy (video)
- Thanks to all who wrote: BLM will NOT sell leases on Beartooth Front next week
- Make your voice heard TODAY. Tell the Stillwater County Commissioners how you feel about landowner rights
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: Citizen initiated zoning policy
The efforts of landowners in southern Stillwater County to guarantee long-term protection of their land has generated a lot of media coverage locally and across Montana over the last several weeks. The reason is clear — the landowners’ lawsuit against the County has long-term implications not only locally, but for landowner rights across the State.
In addition to this coverage, local residents deluged the Commissioners with dozens of letters opposing their position on citizen-initiated zoning.
This post provides links to published articles and letters. Continue reading
Writing letters makes a difference.
We saw it last week when the BLM backed off on a decision to sell oil leases on the Beartooth Front because of public opposition.
The Stillwater County Commissioners have decided to rewrite Montana state law to keep landowners from establishing reasonable protections from drilling. They need to hear that you think that’s a bad idea.
Tuesday, March 13 is the last day they will accept email comments.
Please click the link to find out what to do. It will only take a few minutes. Continue reading