- Ryan Zinke, how do you really feel?
- Action reminder: Montana Board of Oil and Gas hearing on Monday, September 17
- Beartooth landowners file motion for summary judgment in zoning lawsuit
- Action Alert: Your voice needed on new Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation chemical disclosure rule
- Op ed: The Stillwater County Commissioners aren’t doing their jobs
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: Citizen initiated zoning policy
The efforts of landowners in southern Stillwater County to guarantee long-term protection of their land has generated a lot of media coverage locally and across Montana over the last several weeks. The reason is clear — the landowners’ lawsuit against the County has long-term implications not only locally, but for landowner rights across the State.
In addition to this coverage, local residents deluged the Commissioners with dozens of letters opposing their position on citizen-initiated zoning.
This post provides links to published articles and letters. Continue reading
Writing letters makes a difference.
We saw it last week when the BLM backed off on a decision to sell oil leases on the Beartooth Front because of public opposition.
The Stillwater County Commissioners have decided to rewrite Montana state law to keep landowners from establishing reasonable protections from drilling. They need to hear that you think that’s a bad idea.
Tuesday, March 13 is the last day they will accept email comments.
Please click the link to find out what to do. It will only take a few minutes. Continue reading