- Must attend! Stillwater County Planning Board: Wednesday, August 7, 7pm
- Stillwater County News: “Workable framework” adopted for potential southern county zone
- Action alert: Your attendance needed at Stillwater County Planning Board meeting, July 3, 2019
- Action alert: New developments in landowner lawsuit against Stillwater County; what you can do to help
- Learning Opportunity: Absarokee, Tuesday, May 21, 7pm
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: High Plains Heritage Project
The documentary film “Makoshika,” about life in the Bakken oil fields, will have its Billings premiere this Sunday at 7pm at the Babcock Theater, and will also be shown at the Art House Pub and Theater on March 4-6 and 9-10.
The 50-minute documentary is a culmination of the High Plains Heritage Project, which we first wrote about 18 months ago, when four Montana journalists set off for the Bakken to do in depth coverage of the past, present and future of the region.
Examining both the present boom and those since passed, “Makoshika” alternates between intimate first person narratives and historical commentary, asking viewers to look at the present through the lens of history.
With mild spring weather forecast for Billings this weekend, we recommend the journey.
Click to read more about the film, view the trailer, and order tickets for Sunday’s showing. Continue reading
Last June four Montana journalists set off for the Bakken region to do in depth coverage of the past, present and future of the region. Their goal, in what they have called The High Plains Heritage Project, is to produce a full documentary by … Continue reading