- Preserve the Beartooth Front honored by The Montana Post
- Largest oil and gas reserve in US discovered. It’s not the Christmas gift Ryan Zinke thinks it is.
- Stillwater County landowner lawsuit update: County runs out the clock on Judge Jones; hearing set for January 16
- The National Climate Report: Don’t be duped. Understand it yourself, and take action.
- Action Alert: Please write the Stillwater County Commissioners by Thursday, November 22
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: James Baker
Most of us bemoan the lack of civility, negotiation, and compromise in politics. We’re so polarized that government does almost nothing to solve our most critical problems.
What’s particularly frustrating to those of us who see climate change as a major threat to the future of human civilization is that the clock is ticking. Global temperatures have risen about 1.5° Celsius since the beginning of the industrial age and are continuing to rise. The impacts will accelerate with each uptick in temperature: rising seas and coastal flooding, longer and more damaging wildfire seasons, more extreme and destructive weather, more frequent and intense heat waves, widespread forest death, costly and growing health impacts, severe drought, stress on clean water systems, disruption of food supplies, and much more.
What makes this so frustrating is that simple and elegant bipartisan solutions to this problem exist. Just last week a group of conservative Republicans proposed such a solution. The proposers aren’t ideologues or hacks, they’re Republicans with impeccable credentials.
To read about their solution and why it could make sense, click the link.