- New federal report shows the extent and likely impact of climate change
- New long-term study shows 40% decline in native Wyoming deer population due to oil and gas drilling
- Money is why Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate Agreement
- Public opposition is going to keep the Keystone XL Pipeline from being built any time soon
- New scientific study shows fracking is strongly related to infant mortality
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: James Baker
Most of us bemoan the lack of civility, negotiation, and compromise in politics. We’re so polarized that government does almost nothing to solve our most critical problems.
What’s particularly frustrating to those of us who see climate change as a major threat to the future of human civilization is that the clock is ticking. Global temperatures have risen about 1.5° Celsius since the beginning of the industrial age and are continuing to rise. The impacts will accelerate with each uptick in temperature: rising seas and coastal flooding, longer and more damaging wildfire seasons, more extreme and destructive weather, more frequent and intense heat waves, widespread forest death, costly and growing health impacts, severe drought, stress on clean water systems, disruption of food supplies, and much more.
What makes this so frustrating is that simple and elegant bipartisan solutions to this problem exist. Just last week a group of conservative Republicans proposed such a solution. The proposers aren’t ideologues or hacks, they’re Republicans with impeccable credentials.
To read about their solution and why it could make sense, click the link.