- A limerick for EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt
- Stillwater County Beartooth Zone: The Commissioners’ position is not only illegal, it is completely undemocratic
- Beartooth Front zone update: Stillwater Commissioners turn their backs on locals who pay their salaries; support unknown outsiders
- Nebraska Public Service Commission approves Keystone XL Pipeline
- More than 200,000 gallons of oil have spilled along the Keystone Pipeline
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: National Resource Defense Counci
Last week a coalition of environmental organizations, landowners and public health advocates petitioned the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation (BOGC) to provide broader public disclosure of information about the chemicals used in fracking.
The proposals are common sense reforms that would protect landowners from potential harm. As Katherine O’Brien, the Earthjustice attorney who drafted the petition on behalf of the coalition put it, “Montanans have the right to know what is being pumped into the ground around their homes, farms, and ranches.”
While the Montana press has reacted favorably to the proposed changes, the oil and gas industry opposes the changes, citing their oft-repeated and always incorrect mantra, “Fracking is safe.”
The Board of Oil and Gas needs to take this opportunity to protect Montana’s residents.
To read more, click the link. Continue reading