- Beartooth landowners victorious in lawsuit against Stillwater County
- PLEASE NOTE: Change in Zoom access code for today’s hearing
- Action alert: Watch court hearing on Zoom, Thursday, 2:00 pm
- Action alert: Stillwater County Planning Board meeting, Wed, 9/4, 7pm
- Must attend! Stillwater County Planning Board: Wednesday, August 7, 7pm
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: renewables
Developing countries are moving fast to create clean energy capacity. Time for the US — and Montana — to step up
Some politicians characterize policies to address climate change as a choice between economic growth and the environment. What’s more, even if we were to take action on climate change, anything we do will make no difference because countries like China are “drilling a hole and digging anywhere in the world that they can get a hold of.”
Problem is, that just isn’t true.
New data just released shows that developing countries, most notably China, are far outstripping the United States in investing in and developing clean energy capacity. This trend is expected to continue and intensify over the next 25 years.
In advance of the critical international climate meeting about to take place in Paris, it’s time for the United States to step up its commitment to controlling carbon emissions. And in Montana, where our leaders blithely promote an “all of the above” energy policy, it’s time to wake up. The future is going to be built around transitioning to clean energy, not extracting fossil fuels from the shale underneath the Beartooth Front..
They understand this in Pakistan, Tunisia and Mexico. Why not Helena and Washington DC? Continue reading