- Ryan Zinke, how do you really feel?
- Action reminder: Montana Board of Oil and Gas hearing on Monday, September 17
- Beartooth landowners file motion for summary judgment in zoning lawsuit
- Action Alert: Your voice needed on new Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation chemical disclosure rule
- Op ed: The Stillwater County Commissioners aren’t doing their jobs
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: Ross Girling
If you thought Donald Trump was going to wave a magic wand and get the Keystone XL Pipeline built, you should recognize that there is no magic and the pipeline isn’t going to be constructed any time soon.
TransCanada Corp, the principal builder of Keystone XL, is still not prepared to offer a firm timeline for the completion of the Keystone XL pipeline, its top executive said last week, even though President Trump granted the project a permit. According to TransCanada CEO Ross Girling, the pipeline sits in the company’s “long-term bucket” because of the remaining difficulty in getting it done. One of the key difficulties is the strong opposition of those concerned about the environmental impact of the pipeline.
Public opposition has kept the Keystone XL from being built so far, and it will continue to stand in the way, despite whatever the current administration in Washington wants to do. TransCanada recognizes that it will be take years to clear all the hurdles, and Trump’s order can be reversed by a subsequent US president, so the company is not willing to take unnecessary risk in committing to the pipeline. Continue reading