- Ryan Zinke, how do you really feel?
- Action reminder: Montana Board of Oil and Gas hearing on Monday, September 17
- Beartooth landowners file motion for summary judgment in zoning lawsuit
- Action Alert: Your voice needed on new Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation chemical disclosure rule
- Op ed: The Stillwater County Commissioners aren’t doing their jobs
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: rulemaking
This is a reminder that the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation (BOGC) will be holding a public hearing on its proposed new rules for fracking chemical disclosure. Quite simply, these proposed rules are not strong enough to adequately protect landowners and it is important for you to lend your voice to make sure landowners’ opinions are clearly heard.
You can make your voice heard in either of two ways.
To find out more and to read my comments to the BOGC, click the link. Continue reading
“Changed circumstances”: Montana Board of Oil and Gas reconsiders rulemaking on fracking chemical disclosure
Citing “changed circumstances,” the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation (BOGC) has decided to reconsider rulemaking on fracking chemical disclosure at its next meeting on February 1.
While the Board didn’t specify what had changed, one new circumstance is the legal action filed against the BOGC on January 17 by a coalition of Montana property owners, public health advocates, and conservation groups. The suit seeks more transparent disclosure of information to the public on chemicals used in the fracking process. Continue reading