- Nebraska Public Service Commission approves Keystone XL Pipeline
- More than 200,000 gallons of oil have spilled along the Keystone Pipeline
- Montana Climate Assessment says dramatic changes are coming; we need to be in action
- ACTION ALERT: Please write by September 20 to keep BLM from selling oil leases in Stillwater County
- Do mineral rights have anything to do with citizen initiated zones in Montana?
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: University of Montana
According to the Montana Climate Assessment, published last week, the impacts of climate change are already being felt in the state, and will get more significant throughout the rest of the century.
The Assessment is the work of 32 Montana scientists from the public and private sectors doing research with the Montana Institute on Ecosystems, a collaboration of the University of Montana and Montana State University. The publication is the first of a series, and focuses on the impacts of climate trends on three key sectors: water, forests, and agriculture.
This is what climate science looks like folks. It’s clear, transparent, and the work of local scientists. Read this post to understand the potentially dramatic impacts of climate trends on the state, the implications for local action along the Beartooth Front, and to download a copy of the report. Continue reading