- New federal report shows the extent and likely impact of climate change
- New long-term study shows 40% decline in native Wyoming deer population due to oil and gas drilling
- Money is why Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate Agreement
- Public opposition is going to keep the Keystone XL Pipeline from being built any time soon
- New scientific study shows fracking is strongly related to infant mortality
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: campaign contributions
President Trump announced today that the United States will withdraw from the 2015 Paris Agreement, a landmark agreement in which 195 countries, representing 95% of the world’s carbon emissions, agreed to voluntarily reduce emissions to control global warming. The US joins Syria and Nicaragua as the only three nations in the world not participating. Nice company.
There is no question why Trump took this course. It has nothing to do with science (or he wouldn’t have taken this action). It has nothing to do with an “America First” foreign policy doctrine.
It’s about money. Continue reading
Congress is well paid by the oil and gas industry to do absolutely nothing to protect communities from insufficiently regulated oil and gas drilling. And that’s exactly what they’re busy doing — nothing. Of course, the process of doing nothing … Continue reading
Will you be surprised when the Wilkses fund a 2017 legislative effort in Montana to strip local communities of their right to regulate what happens on their own land?
You shouldn’t be. Continue reading
From Washington to Helena, we subsidize the most profitable oil companies with billions of dollars of unnecessary tax breaks and direct subsidies
Oil companies are among the largest and most profitable corporations in the United States, and yet our government gives them billions of dollars in tax breaks and subsidies, many of these sponsored by elected officials who receive huge contributions from … Continue reading