- November ballot measures in other states
- Lessons from other states: Colorado
- Last chance for your voice to be heard on chemical disclosure; email comments due to Board of Oil and Gas today by 5pm
- Ryan Zinke, how do you really feel?
- Action reminder: Montana Board of Oil and Gas hearing on Monday, September 17
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: Missoula County
While the Stillwater County Commissioners have conceded that zoning petitioners have met the minimum threshold of 60% of landowners in the proposed district, they are now questioning whether the holders of mineral rights in the district should be included in the petitioning process.
By my research, there are at least 110 citizen initiated zones that have been enacted under the law enabling citizens to petition for zoning, and it appears that not a single one required the signatures of mineral owners.
Why is this an issue now? Continue reading