- Ryan Zinke is at it again: BLM offers 118 Montana parcels for December oil and gas lease
- Latest developments in Beartooth Front Coalition lawsuit against Stillwater County
- Why is Stillwater County spending tens of thousands of dollars on high priced out of state lawyers?
- Media Coverage of Beartooth Front Coalition efforts to preserve landowner rights
- Last chance to tell the Stillwater Commissioners how you feel about proposed zoning policy
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: Scott Pruitt
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt has a problem. Seems he has to fly first class out of security concerns because people keep coming up to him in airports and yelling obscenities at him. Out of concern for his plight, I offer a limerick of support. Continue reading
Senator Jon Tester has launched a portal on his web site to gather opinions from Montanans about President-elect Trump’s appointees.
It is important for you to speak up. Tester will be a minority voice in the Senate, and he needs to understand how Montanans feel about the need to block appointees who represent the interests of Big Oil, who deny climate change, and who seek alliances with our enemies.
Since we focus on energy and climate change on this site, these are the appointees we are most concerned about (with link to Tester portal). Continue reading
President Elect Trump has selected Oklahoma attorney general Scott Pruitt to head the Environmental Protection Agency. Pruitt is a close ally of the fossil fuel industry who has been a leader of efforts to block President Obama’s climate change rules.
Pruitt has put himself at the forefront of an alliance among state attorneys general, including Montana’s Tim Fox, who are working with energy companies and other corporate interests, which are in turn contributing large amounts of money for their political campaigns.
Don’t believe it when Trump tells reporters he has an “open mind” about climate change. Actions speak louder than words.
To find out more about Pruitt’s intentions, click the link. Continue reading