- Action alert: New developments in landowner lawsuit against Stillwater County; what you can do to help
- Learning Opportunity: Absarokee, Tuesday, May 21, 7pm
- From Jimmy Kimmel: Kids explain climate change to Donald Trump (video)
- Preserve the Beartooth Front honored by The Montana Post
- Largest oil and gas reserve in US discovered. It’s not the Christmas gift Ryan Zinke thinks it is.
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: sinus conditions
New research suggests that Pennsylvania residents with the highest exposure to active wells are nearly twice as likely to suffer from a combination of migraine headaches, chronic nasal and sinus symptoms and severe fatigue.
The research reminds us that Montana is one of the few oil and gas producing states with no mandated minimum distances, or setbacks, between wellheads and occupied buildings. The Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation recently considered the issue of setbacks, but decided to require only notification of residents when a well is about to be drilled nearby. Carbon County recently became the first county in Montana to pass a county-wide setback restriction as part of the County’s growth plan revision.
This study is part of a growing body of evidence that oil and gas drilling has substantial negative impacts on human health. Montana remains woefully behind in protecting its residents from these health effects. Continue reading