- Nebraska Public Service Commission approves Keystone XL Pipeline
- More than 200,000 gallons of oil have spilled along the Keystone Pipeline
- Montana Climate Assessment says dramatic changes are coming; we need to be in action
- ACTION ALERT: Please write by September 20 to keep BLM from selling oil leases in Stillwater County
- Do mineral rights have anything to do with citizen initiated zones in Montana?
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: action alert
The Bureau of Land Management is proposing three oil and gas leases in Stillwater County for sale in March, 2018. Two are in Dean (MTM 105431-HW, MTM 79010-8R) and one is on East Fiddler Creek (MTM 79010-JJ). A public comment period is now open. Please make your voice heard by sending in comments about the lease by Wednesday, September 20.
Your comment is critical. The last time a lease was considered in Dean, it wound up being deferred, partly because there were 40 letters sent to BLM opposed to drilling.
Please forward this action alert to others who you think may be willing to send comments.
Comments should be emailed to: Continue reading
The Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation (BOGC) will take up the issue of whether to begin rulemaking on establishing oil and gas setbacks — the minimum distance between oil and gas wells and homes or other occupied buildings … Continue reading
Action alert: We need your attendance at a critical public meeting in Red Lodge on Monday, August 18
The location of the Belfry well Please read and plan to attend this important event. Who: Residents of the Silvertip community in Belfry are petitioning the Carbon County Commission to create a citizen initiated zone in their area. These are landowners … Continue reading