- From Jimmy Kimmel: Kids explain climate change to Donald Trump (video)
- Preserve the Beartooth Front honored by The Montana Post
- Largest oil and gas reserve in US discovered. It’s not the Christmas gift Ryan Zinke thinks it is.
- Stillwater County landowner lawsuit update: County runs out the clock on Judge Jones; hearing set for January 16
- The National Climate Report: Don’t be duped. Understand it yourself, and take action.
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: Keystone XL
In a 3-2 decision that removes the last regulatory hurdle to building the controversial Keystone XL Pipeline, the Nebraska Public Service Commission approved the 36-inch crude oil conduit this morning. The section would send 830,000 barrels of oil per day from the tar sands of Alberta and connect with the existing Keystone Pipeline to send the oil to the Gulf Coast. The KXL would be built across Alberta, Montana, South Dakota and Nebraska.
However, this decision doesn’t mean the KXL will be built. Much has changed in the nine years since the KXL was proposed.
Click to read more. Continue reading
Poplar Pipeline spill another reminder that we need to keep fighting for the long-term sustainability of our communities
The Poplar Pipeline spill Last Saturday’s massive pipeline break and oil spill in the Poplar Pipeline near Glendive is a disaster that has leaked carcinogens into the Yellowstone River and left Glendive’s residents without water. It is another in a … Continue reading
By Paul Seamans and Darrell Garoutte The following post appeared on January 8 in The Hungry Horse News, a weekly newspaper that covers the community of Columbia Falls, Glacier National Park and the Flathead Valley. Paul Seamans is the former … Continue reading
I’m not going to wade too far into the issue of the Keystone XL Pipeline because this blog focuses on issues directly related to Stillwater and Carbon counties, but I came across something today that I think is relevant. Some … Continue reading