- Largest oil and gas reserve in US discovered. It’s not the Christmas gift Ryan Zinke thinks it is.
- Stillwater County landowner lawsuit update: County runs out the clock on Judge Jones; hearing set for January 16
- The National Climate Report: Don’t be duped. Understand it yourself, and take action.
- Action Alert: Please write the Stillwater County Commissioners by Thursday, November 22
- Lessons from other states: Nevada and Arizona
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: Bret Smelser
The Montana legislature has failed once again to pass a bill that would support the increased infrastructure needs caused by oil and gas drilling in eastern Montana. As the semi-annual legislative session closed this week, two bills that would have … Continue reading
Yesterday’s post was about infrastructure, roads and taxes. The basic argument was: Infrastructure costs go up as oil and gas drilling expands. Because the benefits or drilling — corporate profits, jobs, increase in the supply of oil — are distributed … Continue reading
The Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation (BOGC) is not serving the needs of the people of the state and is in need of substantive reform. The current BOGC model may have worked better back in history when mineral extraction … Continue reading