- Largest oil and gas reserve in US discovered. It’s not the Christmas gift Ryan Zinke thinks it is.
- Stillwater County landowner lawsuit update: County runs out the clock on Judge Jones; hearing set for January 16
- The National Climate Report: Don’t be duped. Understand it yourself, and take action.
- Action Alert: Please write the Stillwater County Commissioners by Thursday, November 22
- Lessons from other states: Nevada and Arizona
Click to see the Preserve the Beartooth Front video
Tag Archives: Mineral rights
The Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation (BOGC) is not serving the needs of the people of the state and is in need of substantive reform. The current BOGC model may have worked better back in history when mineral extraction … Continue reading
One myth about oil and gas drilling is that it creates riches in a community in the form of increased property values. “With all the new jobs,” the industry says, “buyers will be falling all over themselves to buy your … Continue reading
Sometimes it’s useful to look at business practices in other countries to see clear examples of how oil and gas policies in the US disempower property owners.. In Montana and throughout most of the West, most estates are split: surface rights … Continue reading
The Rex Tillerson Fracking Hypocrite Award We here at Preserve the Beartooth Front are pleased to announce the first recipient of the Rex Tillerson Fracking Hypocrite Award. The Award is a 160-foot water tower, engraved with Rex Tillerson’s photo, delivered … Continue reading
If you are a landowner in Carbon or Stillwater County, now is the time to determine whether or not you own the mineral rights under your land. Unified vs. split estates If you are lucky, your estate is unified, or … Continue reading